Wednesday 24 November 2010

art: tattoos

I have added some pictures of tattoos that i like, I have not got any myself and probably never will but I do think that some are just amazing works of art. the image above I think is a great idea if you get married and you dont like wearing rings. I dont wear rings as they annoy me this would be a lovely and very permenant option.


The hungary catterpillar!


Ive never seen a tattoo on someones ear before, the vintage womans head is cute and looks like its meant to be there, its the perfect size.



This Dali style tattoo is fantastic.




Ultra violet tattoos, I really like the concept as you would not see it on a day to day basis.





this spider has a 3d effect due to the perfect shaddowing. This would creep me out it looks so realistic






Scarification whatever next?







5 comments:

  1. That ear tattoo is perhaps the most awesome thing I've seen in a very long while. & I consider myself somewhat of a tattoo connoisseur as my boyfriends a tattoo artist & I'm a bit obsessed with asking people to show me theirs.

    Very beautiful collection there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! The Black Widow spider really is too much! They can kill you know, or make one very ill. Yep..too much.
    My Granddaughter is a tattoo artist and has been for a few years now. I hear she is very good.
    She is the only child of my second son and the last time I saw this beautiful young woman...she was covered with tattoo's all except her face. I felt ill when I saw her.
    I didn't have any idea how far she had gone until I saw the photo's on facebook...her parents had not told me, nor had she.
    This is not reversible. Frightening..
    The artists are wonderful..no doubt there..but..I really do have mixed feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these tattoos, I have a lilly on my arm and it has 3D shading, everyone comments on how real it looks. Would love to get a Dali-esque ant behind my ear, the spider has inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see a pic of your lilly tatoo, I have been contemplating getting a design done for years but i change my mind on what i want so often

    ReplyDelete