Monday 22 March 2010

Shop displays at Sue Ryder Salisbury

As I have said before I am The Manager of a Sue Ryder care charity shop. One of my favourite things about this job is that I have total control over what I put out and where I put it. I am quite lucky as the donations we get at Salisbury are lovely so I have a lot to work with, but it can be difficult because you have to pull together outfits and ideas from a lot of different peoples things. It is not like a normal shop where all the clothing is designed to fit together to make outfits. Once a top or a skirt is removed from one of our windows there may not be something else in the shop to replace it. I really enjoy display work and alot of the time I like the windows to be colour co-ordinated, by using two or three colours not only does it have a visual impact but it is alot easier to find an item of clothing to replace something thats been sold .I used to take alot of pictures of my windows and the displays i do inside, I havent done that for a while as we are really busy but here are some older pics that I am really happy with.














Most charity shops sell new goods, I know there are people that don't agree with this but It does raise a tremendous amount of money for the charities. Sue Ryder also have an excellent range of dolls houses and accessories as well as musical instruments. Above Is a display I did with some of the new goods range for children. I love how bright and happy it looks.






Some of the bric a brac you find in charity shops are amazing just look at this crockery above, these were donated by different people but it all goes together so well.






These two bird cages were new goods I think they are stunning however they are all gone now.








One of things I enjoy is displaying the bric a brac, you can find co-ordinating items like these items above from bags of random things from loads of different people. I like each shelf to have a theme or a colour and not be too over loaded. I have a fantastic team of volunteers and staff who all work really hard to make the shop a success. Can you imagine a shop having a delivery of goods every five minutes! It is a never ending task to sort, prepare, price and put it out when you are getting 20+ bags and boxes in a day. If you want to know more about the charity go to www.suerydercare.org















No comments:

Post a Comment